Get spooked out at Capcom's NYCC 2016 booth
Capcom is headed to New York Comic Con this weekend (Oct 6 Oct 9), and this year the main theme for our booth ( #1420 ) is scary and spooky video games! Details below.
Resident Evil 7 biohazard
Starting off with the real scary stuff, were bringing you a terrifying VR demo of Resident Evil 7 biohazard. The disturbing Lantern demo makes its US event debut at NYCC. This is a great way to better get to know the recently introduced Marguerite of the unsettling Baker family in a playable found footage section from the game. You can meet the Bakers in this lovely trailer, where they seem very concerned about how much youve been eating lately.
Coming January 24, 2017 PlayStation 4 (with full game optionally playable in PS VR), Xbox One and Windows PC
Dead Rising 4
Now, moving on to a light-hearted take on the scary and grim reality of a zombie apocalypse where the dead rise. The Dead Rising 4 show floor demo puts you in the shoes of Frank West, who, in turn, puts himself in new shoesthe EXO Suitthat turn out to be a great tool for kicking some serious undead butt.
Coming December 6, 2016 Xbox One and Windows PC
Street Fighter V
Finally, adding a dash of spookiness to the otherwise not-scary-at-all Street Fighter V, you get to have early hands-on with the upcoming Premium Halloween costumes and Halloween-themed stage . And if you fancy yourself a competitive player, join our various on-site daily tournaments where winners can take home exclusive PlayStation 4 faceplates!
So if youre attending NYCC this weekend, be sure to stop by our booth ( #1420 ) and check our games out!
October Brings Spook-Tacular Street Fighter V Update
Hello Saikyo Dojo Trainees!
Its October and with that comes a spook-tacular Street Fighter V update.
Were happy to announce seven new Premium Halloween costumes and a special Halloween-themed version of the Russia stage for Street Fighter V. After the jump youll notice jack-o'-lanterns, gravestones, zombie Cossack dancers and perhaps a familiar face or two in the background!
Each Premium Halloween costume is priced at $3.99 / €3.99 / £3.29 and the Halloween stage is priced at $1.99 / €1.99 / £1.29 or 40K Fight Money. As previously announced, all premium costumes from here on out will include colors 1-10. This special Halloween content will only be available for a limited time starting October 11 th until November 29 th so be sure to grab them on the PlayStation and Steam Stores to partake in the festivities.
Street Fighter V will also be making its way to New York Comic Con (Booth #1420) this week and we will be hosting several tournaments throughout the show, where winners will take home a limited edition PlayStation 4 faceplate. Attendees will also have a chance to try out all of the Halloween content for free at the Capcom booth before it is officially released on October 11 th.
Street Fighter V - September Update Out Now!
Hey everyone, theres been a lot of exciting announcements for Street Fighter V this month. In case you missed anything, click the jump for a quick recap of the content that is now available with the September update.
- The Vice President of the Illuminati is now available! Get ready to bust up the competition with some Aegis Reflectors, Metallic Spheres, and Chariot Tackles. Urien is available to all Season Pass holders and will include his Premium Costume. Urien can also be purchased using real currency via Steam and the PlayStation Store or with in-game Fight Money. Be sure to check out our previous blog post for additional information on Urien.
- As promised, Daily Targets are now available. Be sure to log in frequently for new Daily Targets to cash in. The following is a list of some of this weeks Daily Targets and rewards for completing them.
- Use a V-Skill 10 times: 100FM
- Fight in a Ranked Match: 1,000FM
- Clear Cinematic Story Mode: 500FM
- Sakuras important Errand: 5,000FM
- Necallis brand new Japanese Warlord costume, hand selected by the 2015 Capcom Cup Ultra Street Fighter IV Champion Kazunoko, is now available for purchase in the PlayStation Store.
Help support the Capcom Cup and its competitors in style by decimating your opponents in this awesome new costume. For more information on The Capcom Pro Tour and additional Capcom Pro Tour DLC, check out our latest PlayStation Blog post.
The new anti-crack/anti-cheat solution prevents memory access certain ways, so perhaps this is creating a false-positive situation that may trigger either the anti-virus software or Windows DEP.
Couple of things to try:
- Add StreetFighterV.exe to the antivirus exception list.
- Add StreetFighterV.exe to the Data Execution Prevention (DEP) exception. More info on DEP here .
If you receive the "You cannot turn off DEP for this program" error message, temporarily disable DEP altogether to validate if its DEP thats preventing the game from launching.
If the game still fails to launch after disabling DEP, the problem lies elsewhere such as the aforementioned antivirus software false-positive situation. Turn on DEP again and continue troubleshooting.
Street Fighter V Update Coming September 22nd!
Hey World Warriors,
For those of you that couldnt make it to Tokyo Game Show, there have been a lot of exciting announcements for Street Fighter V. The new update will be released on September 22 nd and will deliver boatloads of new content including some additional goodies for Season Pass holders. Hit the jump to check out everything the new update has to offer.
- As mentioned in our blogpost earlier this month Urien will be blasting on the scene with this new update. The Vice President of the Illuminati can be purchased with Fight Money or via the Steam and PlayStation store. Season Pass holders can hop into a match with him as soon as the update goes live.
- New Daily Targets will be available to help you earn extra Fight Money to purchase additional content. Fight in a ranked match to earn 1000 Fight Money. Spend a little time playing in training mode to earn an additional 500 Fight Money. Each Daily Target has a time limit so dont forget to log in and cash in on these. Rewards will range between 100 and 5000 Fight Money.
Vs. CPU Function
- Versus CPU mode will be added as another option to standard versus mode. Now you can slug it out with the AI of varying difficulty and sharpen your skills before challenging friends or others online.
- Fighter Profiles will also be updated and stat tracking will go live! Now you can dissect your gameplay to find and eliminate bad habits or simply show off your skills to friends.
Colors 3-10 for Season Pass holders
- Colors 3-10 on default, and battle costumes for all confirmed DLC characters will now be included for all Season Pass holders.
Premium Costumes now include all colors
- Existing and future premium costumes will now include colors 3-10 when purchased. This will be retroactive for those that have already purchased the premium costumes.
Color bundles now purchasable
- Color bundles will be available for purchase with Fight Money or via the Steam and PlayStation stores. Check out the following list for content and pricing.
- All 16 Original Character Default Color Pack (3-10) - 85k FM/$4.99
- All 16 Original Character Story Color Pack (3-10) 85k FM/$4.99
- All 6 DLC Character Default Color Pack (3-10) 40k FM/$1.99
- All 6 DLC Character Story Color Pack (3-10) 40k FM/$1.99
New Environmental Stage KOs
- New environmental stage KOs will be added for the list of stages below. If you loved blasting other players through doors and dropping bowls of noodles on their heads, just wait until you see what we have in store with this update.
- Shadaloo Base
- Hillside Plaza
- Underground Arena
- Forgotten Waterfall
- Union Station
- Kanzuki Estate
- City in Chaos
- Apprentice Alley
- Lair of the Four Kings
- The issue which added an additional frame of lag to PlayStation 4 fight sticks on PlayStation 4 has been identified and patched. Now input time is unified across PlayStation 4, legacy controllers and PC.
- Juri's V-Reversal was unintentionally able to hit downed opponents under specific circumstances. Juri's V-Reversal was corrected so that it cannot hit downed opponents.
- Juri's invincibility during her V-Reversal was unintentionally short. This was corrected by setting the invincibility on Juri's V-Reversal to 14 frames after the hit box of the move disappears.
- When Ibuki was hit during a crouching fierce, she would unintentionally go into a standing state damage animation. This has been corrected so that when hit during a crouching fierce, Ibuki goes into a crouching state damage animation.
- The light version of Yoga Sunburst would fire regardless of whether the player was holding down punch or not. This has been corrected so that when the charge portion of L Yoga Sunburst is guarded, holding down LP will maintain the charge motion.
- When the tip of jumping LP hits an opponent or is guarded during Dhalsim's V-Skill, the Critical Art gauge would increase rather than the V-Gauge. This has been corrected so when a jumping LP hits an opponent or is guarded during Dhalsim's V-Skill, it now builds V-Gauge.
- When Dhalsim performs an airborne Yoga Teleport against an opponent on the edge of the screen and performs a jumping attack afterwards, the jumping attack would be performed in the opposite direction of the opponent. The directional determination after Dhalsim appears from an airborne Yoga Teleport has been corrected, making it more difficult for this to occur.
- Under certain circumstances, moves that only hit opponents in a standing state would unintentionally miss during certain standing states. This has been corrected. The hurtboxes on characters recovering from getting hit out of the air, allowing moves that are designed to hit standing characters to properly hit. Additionally throw attacks that normally miss on crouching characters will no longer be able to connect on characters recovering from getting hit out the air as they transition to a crouching state.
- After the attack frames of Birdie's jumping LK ended, Birdies hurtbox would unintentionally remain absent in his recovery frames until he landed. This has been corrected by setting a hurtbox to Birdie's jumping LK recovery frames, until he lands.
- Currently, the game counts a disconnect between the Another fight is Coming Your Way screen until you pass-through the results screen by selecting find another match or exit to main menu. The range a disconnect penalty will be assessed will be changed to be between from when Another Fight is Coming Your Way to after League Points (LP) and Fight Money (FM) have been calculated on the Results screen.
See What Urien Brings to the Table in the September Update!
Hello, Illuminati members!
As promised, this month will be bringing our final Season 1 DLC character, hit the jump to check out Urien the Dominating Light.
First introduced in Street Fighter III: 2 nd Impact, Urien is the Vice President of Illuminati and wants nothing but to take over Illuminati from his older brother, Gill, and destroy Shadaloo. Urien has complete confidence in his own physicality and this elitism shows itself through his sadistic and tyrannical tendencies. He gains joy only from dominating others and having them crumble in the face of his incredible power.
Urien returns to Street Fighter V, donning a pinstriped suit and is often seen with a sinister smile when he hits opponents with his powerful limbs and violent combos. He uses his slow moving projectiles to pressure opponents and get them to do his bidding. A master of manipulating ki, his signature Aegis Reflector, one of the 66 Illuminati secret arts, is back and allows him to control the pace of the match.
What does Urien think of M. Bisons latest Shadaloo activities and Operation C.H.A.I.N.S.? Be sure to check out the free story DLC A Shadow Falls to find out!
V-Skill: Metallic Aura
Urien laughs maniacally while enveloping his body with his Metallic Aura. Once charged, his skin tone darkens and the next forward-propelling special move can temporarily absorb one attack.
V-Trigger: Aegis Reflector
Urien opens his arms and creates an energy barrier in front of him. The barrier will reflect projectiles back at the opponent and the direction held when activating the V-Trigger determines where it appears. Opponents who touch the barrier without blocking will take damage and be knocked back. With a full V-meter, Urien can project two barriers.
Critical Art: Dominate Crush
Urien channels energy into his arm and slams it into the ground, striking his opponent with a pillar of destruction.
The release date for Urien and the rest of the previously-announced September updates will be shared at Tokyo Game Show (TGS) next week.
Capcom at PAX West 2016
Are you excited for PAX West? Because Capcom will be there with all our latest games to satisfy your gaming needs! We'll have demos of Resident Evil 7 , Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice , and Dead Rising 4 on the show floor, as well as Street Fighter V tournaments where you get to win cool prizes! The Capcom Store will also be there with all the latest Capcom swag for you to purchase (while supplies last). Come out and join us at Booth #1601 as we celebrate another year of awesome games and gaming at PAX West, September 2nd through September 5th in Seattle, Washington!
Games and Demos
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, Xbox One, PC; Jan. 24 th , 2017) Experience a new generation of fear with Resident Evil 7. Set in a derelict mansion in rural America, Resident Evil 7 promises to be one of the most terrifying titles ever. We have a very special demo for Resident Evil 7 lined up for PAX West the "Kitchen" Demo in PSVR Mode is a short but intense PlayStation VR demo that sets up events leading up to Resident Evil 7. The "Kitchen" demo has only been shown at limited events so far, so step in to the replica plantation house at our booth to try out the immersive VR horror experience for yourself!
- Dead Rising 4 (Xbox One, Windows 10; December 6 th , 2016) Frank West is back! Sixteen years after the zombie outbreak in the original Dead Rising, Frank returns to Willamette, Colorado, where a new outbreak has overrun the Willamette Memorial Megaplex Mall and surrounding town. Equipped with his wit, his camera, and a whole lot of duct tape, tear up the zombie hordes with a huge number of combo weapons and vehicles, or just tear up the landscape with all-new EXO Suits, giving Frank super strength, incredible firepower, and the ability to rip out part of the world to use as a weapon. Make sure to try the playable demo at the Capcom booth and experience the addictive gameplay that is Dead Rising .
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice (Nintendo 3DS; September 8 th , 2016) The latest title in the courtroom drama series sees Phoenix Wright traveling to the Kingdom of Khurain to meet his former assistant, Maya Fey, and getting caught up in Khura'in's legal system along the way. Using the new Séance Trial mechanic, see the last moments of the victims life, and find the flaw in Royal priestess Rayfas insights that will help Phoenix prove his client's innocence! Come check out our playable demo at the Capcom booth to discover an all-new courtroom experience packed with clever writing, humorous dialogue, and plenty of puzzles.
- Street Fighter V (PS4, PC; Full game out now) The Cinematic Story expansion, A Shadow Falls, is currently available for download, presenting the first ever cinematic story mode in a Street Fighter game. Our latest addition to the roster, Juri, is also available now. We'll have tournaments throughout each day at PAX West from Saturday through Monday at the Capcom booth, so if youre looking to win awesome prizes, make sure to stop by the Capcom booth early for a chance to sign up!
Street Fighter V Double Fight Money Event This Weekend!
Hey World Warriors!
Do you find yourself wanting to take a summer vacation at the Kanzuki Family Private Beach, but havent been able to buy your way in yet? Have you wanted to live out Kens ponytail days, but cant scrounge up enough to take that nostalgia trip? Are you hoarding your Fight Money with burning anticipation for Uriens release?
This weekend might take you one step closer to your goal! As promised, Double Fight Money Events are coming to Street Fighter V. During this time period, all players will be able to double their FM earnings in Ranked Match!
This event starts 4:00pm (PDT) on September 2 nd and ends 9:00pm (PDT) on September 4 th.
Save big with the Capcom Publisher Sale on Steam!
Its that time again fire up Steam, because the Capcom Publisher Weekend is here! From now through August 22nd, save up to 80% on Capcom titles, including some great bundles! Street Fighter V Deluxe Edition , Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen , a special Dead Rising bundle (including Dead Rising 1 pre-order!) and Umbrella Corps are just a handful of the awesome deals you can find! Head to the sale page on Steam for the full list, or hit the jump for even more info!
- Street Fighter V - $35.99 (Regular Price: $59.99)
- Street Fighter V Deluxe Edition - $53.99 (Regular Price: $89.99)
- Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen - $17.99 (Regular Price: $29.99)
- Umbrella Corps - $20.99 (Regular Price: $39.99)
- Umbrella Corps Deluxe Edition - $26.79 (Regular Price: $29.99)
- Dead Rising 3 - $14.99 (Regular Price: $29.99)
- Dead Rising 1 Pre-order : 15% savings if purchased via Dead Rising Collectors Pack bundle (more details below).
- Mega Man Legacy Collection : $8.99 (Regular Price: $14.99)
Dead Rising Collectors Pack Bundle - $48.67
Save an additional 15% on top of individual sale prices!
Includes Dead Rising 1 pre-order!
2016 Capcom Collectors Bundle - $66.30
Save an additional 61% on top of individual sale prices!
Includes Dead Rising 2, Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, DmC: Devil May Cry, Resident Evil 6, DLC packs, and more!
Resident Evil Collectors Pack Bundle - $57.86
Save an additional 37% on top of individual sale prices!
Includes Resident Evil 4, 5, 6, Revelations, Revelations 2, and DLC packs.
Resident Evil 4/5/6 Bundle - $29.64
Save an additional 14% on top of individual sale prices!
Includes Resident Evil 4, 5, and 6 .
Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition Demon Hunter Bundle - $22.12
Save an additional 11% on top of individual sale prices!
Includes Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition and DLC packs, including additional costumes for Lady and Trish.
Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition Demon Hunter Bundle + DmC Complete Pack - $29.56
Save an additional 18% on top of individual sale prices!
Includes Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition, DmC: Devil May Cry, and DLC packs for both games!
Street Fighter V Development Update Vol. 3
Hey Street Fighters!
We are back with another developer update blog for Street Fighter V. The big news in August is that we have another update focusing on Rage Quitters to help further reduce the amount of players who disconnect before a match has concluded.
Beyond that, we will be introducing Double Fight Money days along with a slew of additional feature updates in September. We would like to share these details with you today, so hit the jump button to check it out!
Server maintenance will be performed on 8/16 from 1PM PT to 7PM PT. During this time online features of Street Fighter V will not be available. Thank you for your patience.
Rage Quitting Penalty
We are aware of the Rage Quitting issue, and this update will continue our efforts toward resolving it. We will make a second update to the existing Rage Quitting system with stricter guidelines for players who disconnect before the match is over. Players who are penalized will lose League Points and be locked out of online matching for a set time. The update will be implemented after the maintenance on 8/16.
Since the initial Rage Quitting system rollout, we have seen a rapid decrease in rage quitting players, and we believe that this new update will reduce that number even further. That being said, were still working on implementing a new, more robust system that will address the issue more completely by early next year.
SEPTEMBER UPDATE PREVIEW:
We have another big update containing new features in the pipeline for next month, so we wanted to give you a sneak preview of all the cool things to come in September!
Double FM Event
Double Fight Money is happening! We appreciate your support for Street Fighter V, so were giving you the chance to double your FM earnings in Ranked Match! We will hold our first Double FM Event on the weekend of September 2-4 th . Please stay tuned for more details!
The next September update will include:
- VS CPU Option
- Daily Targets
- Daily challenges with Fight Money rewards!
- Fighter Profile Updates!
- Free colors for Season Pass holders
- Colors 3-10 for Default and Battle costumes of the 6 DLC characters
- Premium costumes will now include colors!
- Colors 3-10 of the purchased premium costume
- Color bundles available for purchase via FM or Real Money
- All 22 Characters Default & Story Costumes Color Pack 3-10
- And more to be announced!
Thats all the news we have for you today, but be sure to stay tuned as we have even more detailed info in our next blog. For the latest updates follow us at @StreetFighter on Facebook and Twitter. Until next time!
The Capcom Store's PC game sale has got you covered!
Have you had your eye on one of our PC games but havent had a chance to pick it up yet? Nows a great time to do so, as the Capcom Store is running a special sale on our PC games! Pick up some great games with deep discounts, including Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen , Street Fighter V , Mega Man Legacy Collection , and more. These deals start today, August 5 th , and last through August 14 th , so act fast if you see something you want! Hit the jump for the full list of titles on sale, as well as additional details!
*A Steam key will be provided upon purchase; a PC with the Steam client and broadband Internet access is required to download, install, and play these games.